Blackstone Renovations Inc. - showing you possibilities, not limitations
RSS

Recent Posts

Remodeling Magazine: USA's National Averages Cost vs. Value Report 2015
TrustedPros January 27, 2014: HGTV's Too-Great Expectations
Dave Ramsey: How Will A Kitchen Renovation Affect Your Home's Value?
BBB Tips: Hiring A Contractor

powered by

Industry News & Resources

Remodeling Magazine: USA's National Averages Cost vs. Value Report 2015

USA's National Averages Cost vs. Value Report 2015

Blackstone's Price List*

Additions
$51,696: Attic Bedroom (midrange)
$65,442: Basement Development (midrange)
$75,726: Sunroom Addition (midrange)
$84,201: Family Room Addition (midrange)
$85,592: Garage Addition (upscale)
$111,245: Master Suite Addition (midrange)
$161,925: Two-Story Addition (midrange)
$236,363: Master Suite Addition (upscale)

Kitchens
$19,226: Minor Kitchen Remodel (midrange)
$56,768: Major Kitchen Remodel (midrange)
$113,097: Major Kitchen Remodel (upscale)

Bathrooms
$16,724: Bathroom Remodel (midrange)
$39,578: Bathroom Addition (midrange)
$54,115: Bathroom Remodel (upscale)
$76,429: Bathroom Addition (upscale)
_____________________________________
*prices are estimates only.

Never seen a price list like that from a renovator before? Neither have we!

That's because we cheated.

As a General Contractor in New Developments / Large Scale Renovations / Additions, specializing in both residential and commercial projects - we are constantly asked how much big complicated projects will cost.  While individual fixed quotes per project can vary greatly per each project's unique design, the estimate figures above are the most accurate we've ever published.

And here's our big secret how we came up with our price list - we stole it straight off Remodeling Magazine's famous 'Cost Vs. Value Report 2015'. This power house pricing database contains:
  • 36 of the most common American home renovation projects
  • average job cost ($USD) per project
  • average recouped cost ($USD) per project upon resale
  • sketches of each project
  • dimensions of each project
  • material selection and quantities of each project

While we've never yet come across any Canadian data that comes close to this report, we feel comfortable enough recommending it to you as the next best alternative. We've compared the Report's pricing against our own estimating models and concluded the costs in this report differ from our own by 10% at worst, and spot on at best (foreign currency conversions aside).

To access the 'Cost VS Value Report 2015' by Remodeling Magazine USA click on the pdf attachment for a summarized single page pricing sheet (above) or the article link for the full in-depth report (above).

8 Comments to Remodeling Magazine: USA's National Averages Cost vs. Value Report 2015:

Comments RSS
Free Intraday Commodity Tips on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:46 AM
Such type of amenities give lavish look to any house. All the information you made about this topic was really informative. Thanks for updating that.
Reply to comment

Best Paper writing service on Friday, May 16, 2014 9:55 PM
I was looking for something like this ,Thank you for posting the great content……I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs…
Reply to comment

Houston Concrete Contractors on Friday, May 23, 2014 6:15 AM
Great and interesting topic of home maintenance cost and how it works on the sale of the home in returns and double it original worth.
Reply to comment

SlimQuick on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:02 AM
I am going to subscribe, so I can learn more. I can't wait to receive updates through e-mail.
Reply to comment

Hydroxycut on Friday, June 20, 2014 12:26 AM
Always has really good posts and topics please keep it up! loads of blogs are going under lately from lack of new posts etc
Reply to comment

Anonymous on Sunday, June 22, 2014 8:49 PM
Greetings I am so excited I found your web site, I really found you by error, while I was looking on Google for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a incredible post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to go through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the fantastic job.
Reply to comment

Anonymous on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:53 PM
Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is excellent blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.
Reply to comment

office moving on Sunday, May 24, 2015 11:28 AM
I believe you've got a good knowledge especially though deals along with like things. Simply want to declare your current post is really as unbelievable. Your lucidity within your post is exceptional and also i can presume you are a specialist on this issue.
Reply to comment